Wedding venues near to London with plenty of space in beautiful surroundings are a rare find, but Hedsor House is one of the best. Owned by the fantastic Shephard family, there are so many places to hold your wedding ceremony at Hedsor, from the domed hall to the ballroom, to the sunken garden or any of a number of spots on the 100-acre estate.
A country house with origins dating back to the 12th Century, Hedsor was the home of the mother of King George III, Dowager Princess of Wales and frequently hosted Queen Victoria for afternoon tea. You can follow in their footsteps, then stay in the stunning dual-aspect bridal suite complete with four poster bed and HUGE bathroom, with rolltop bath and double shower.
One of the best things about English country house weddings is the grounds, and that's no different here. Outdoor weddings work really well at Hedsor so if that's your idea of a dream wedding, get in touch!
Hedsor is a wedding venue in England, specifically in Taplow, Buckinghamshire. A taxi from Heathrow will take less than 30 minutes, so it comes with all the benefits of being so close to all the tourist attractions of London, so your guests can enjoy your wedding and enjoy a vacation before heading home.
• Under thirty minutes from Heathrow and under one hour from London, Hedsor is super practical as a destination wedding venue.
• Capacity for 60 guests in the centre hall or 150 in the ballroom
• Hedsor has 13 recently decorated bedrooms so you and your nearest and dearest can make it your home for 24 hours (or longer!)
• There are numerous places for other guests to stay nearby, including Cliveden if they fancy experiencing some of that Meghan Markle magic (including amazing spa for those pre-wedding day pampering sessions)!
• St Nicholas' Church is a short walk from the house, so if you're after a church wedding, Hedsor works perfectly
As an exclusive-use venue, all sorts of weddings work extremely well here. It's beautifully decorated throughout, so you could spend all your time indoors and your wedding would still feel extremely special. Equally, if you're set on a garden wedding, you can open the doors of the house wide and let people roam freely inside and out.
In terms of practicality, it's hard to beat and you don't have to sacrifice anything to achieve your ideal wedding here. In terms of initial 'wow factor' when you first see the house coming down the drive, to the wedding design that's possible here, Hedsor is a fantastic wedding venue. We love it!
The grounds at Hedsor House
Hedsor House's sunken garden
Address: Hedsor House, Hedsor Park, Taplow, Buckinghamshire, SL6 0HX, England.