The best way to make the wedding planning process as enjoyable as it can be? Play the long game! Couples sometimes get swept up in a creative fever of planning + design that they forget the importance of slowing down, breathing and indulging in regular date nights amidst all the meetings and parties thrown on their behalf. So today, we want to encourage you to keep those sacred date nights at the top of the Priority List, and we’re sharing some of our favorite date night ideas for engaged couples to enjoy during a full year of planning.
Ready to dive in?
1. Attend a candle making class in your city
2. Have a couple’s spa retreat
Go all in with the massages, body wraps, exfoliating scrubs… maybe even partake in a holistic wellness retreat together over the course of an entire week or weekend!
3. Attend an oyster roast
4. Go sailing or kayaking
5. Progressive Dinner Crawl
6. Wine + cheese tasting
7. Make like Julia Child and enjoy a cooking class together
You can get creative with this in so many ways whether it’s learning how to make something local to your city or something that helps you look forward to the honeymoon destination – hello pasta making workshop!
8. Shop at the local farmers’ market
9. Go rock climbing
10. Picnic in the park
Hampton Park would have to be our favorite here in Charleston, and we’ve got a special place in our hearts for Kensington Gardens, Hyde Park and Richmond Park in London!
11. Take a pottery-making class
12. Watch sunset on the beach
Bonus points if you style your own luxury cabana for the occasion!
13. See a show at a comedy club
14. Build a blanket fort and watch old movies
15. Go glamping
Hey, who says those designer tree houses don’t count for this?
16. Root for your favorite sports team at a local game or match
17. Visit an UNESCO world heritage site
These notable spots can be found all over the globe, hence the name! Find out which ones are closest to you here.
18. Pick apples or berries at a local spot
19. Camp out under the stars
20. Breathe in fresh scents at local flower fields
Rows of lavender, beds of tulips, sunbursts of dahlias… these views forever inspire!
21. Classic board game night
22. Gather around a bonfire
23. Learn something new together
Pick up a lesson or two on surfing, dancing, gardening, painting… the list is endless!
24. Visit local hot springs
25. Volunteer together
26. Dine in the dark
One of the most unique experiences if there’s a restaurant near you that offers this!
27. Visit an art gallery
28. Bike rides in the park
29. Curate a playlist inspired by your honeymoon destination – perhaps a multi course dinner too!
30. Restore something together
Could be anything from vintage furniture to a classic car!
31. Recreate your first date
32. Visit a drive-in theatre
33. Splurge on a fancy train getaway
The British Pullman should be at the top of your bucket list!
34. Go iceskating followed by fireside snuggles + hot cocoa
35. Enjoy a hot air balloon ride together
36. Attend a local mixology class
38. Rent a private room at a karaoke bar
My Best Friend’s Wedding vibes every time
39. Make a day out of your engagement session
40. Catch your favorite live music group
41. Visit a vineyard and schedule a private tasting
42. Take a scenic drive
43. Take an architecture tour
44. Make something from scratch
Homemade bread recipes this way!
45. See holiday lights when ’tis the season
46. Go to a jazz club
47. Plan a safari if you want to get wild
48. Visit open houses in your dream neighborhood
49. Tour a garden or botanical nursery
50. Sign up for Secret Cinema and let spontaneity take center stage
One of London’s best kept secrets
51. Go skydiving or bungee jumping – anything thrilling!
52. Create a travel bucket list for your lives together
I hope these 52 date night ideas are the perfect kickstart for keeping your time together intentional and exciting during this season of wedding planning + so much love!
We’d love to hear your own favorite date night ideas, so drop a comment below to share! And if the wedding planning overwhelm has started kicking in for you, we’d be so honored to guide you in your planning journey. Learn more about our process here and send us a message for more details on how we can serve you best during this amazing season of your life!
‘Til next time!